Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Some recent layouts

Since taking a break from DSP challenges, my LO production has dropped drastically as expected. After averaging about a LO a day since I started scrapping 1.5 years ago, I've only gotten less than 20 done in the last 2 months. I'd found various open-kit challenges (with posting bonus of course :D) through random browsing & joined a few in various sites or the count would probably have been even less!

Birthday Kiss 07
Birthday Kiss 07A couple photos of me getting a kiss on my bday from a sweaty Mac while he was playing ball with daddy :) Did this for DigiDare52 which had a lovely collab bonus. Challenge was to do a new style & use stuff from a designer you've never used before. I tried freestyle-ish which I suck at & used blog freebies from WW & graphics brushes from Katie Pertiet (25ct at DD!) Photos werent the greatest so I did a sketch effect with them.

New Journey
New JourneyOur first family photo - sort of :D The real one showed only the top of Mac's head so I faked it & blended in another pic of him. Did this for Ztampf's 2nd Bday Week 2 challenge & woohoo, I won a $135 gift cert!Biggest ever prize I've ever seen! Challenge was to use the word "second" with all Ztampf products. Lucky me, I got some stuff at a steal cos not only were they on sale, I'd found a coupon during the scavenger hunt plus I had a bday discount coupon from DST. Multiple dutied this for 2 DF challenges too so 2 more bonuses in the pocket! :D

No Medicine
No MedicinePoor Mac was sick recently and while it's always been rather hard giving him medication, this time was quite the worse ever! Did this for SBG's SS61 - to lift Traci Reed. I added more pics so I could use up the whole series of photos I took. This uses Traci's Contempo Cool kit which was a newsletter freebie. Posting bonus was a $5 coupon & I used it to get Urban Vintage which I'd been eyeing for a while :)


CNY Decor 06
CNY Decor 06Ztampf's Week 4 Bday challenge - 2 photos in a LO. I cropped & blended a pic of the 3 of us into a background photo and had fun with it. The scene is a CNY decor at the local Toyota agent's premises - they always do lovely decors on major holidays & get lots of visitors taking pics there. Still undecided if I like how the LO looks but I do like that it's different - getting really bored with always the same old same old! I used mostly Ztampf's Koreani.

No comments: