Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's time to say goodbye....

... to our internet router. For the past 2 weeks, I've had to keep running out to reset it which was a hassle but at least it would work after that. Then starting a few days, the resetting had to be done every few mins and yesterday, no matter how many times I resuscitated it, it was down for most of the entire day. We would've said our fond farewells & pulled the plug last night but the shop had closed when Colin went there after work to get a new one so I've been trying to coax another day of effort from it. Thus far today, I've gotten about half an hour from it but with the many collapses in between, I havent been able to do much with it, even my emails aren't dl-ing! Without the distraction of internet, I did manage to get a LO sort of done, well 2 actually since it ended up being a 2-pager cos I couldn't stop babbling. These will be the 1st 2 pages of my pregnancy album (yup, Mac's 2 and I've only had 1 other page done for this album so far!). 3 hours wasted because I couldn't decide the style I wanted for the album - paper, graphical, clean, lotsa junk, b&w or colour, how to combine Amber's Great Expectations with Ztampf's Great Expectations (thank goodness I only have 2 pregnancy kits!), etc etc. In the end, I decided I'll just work on the journaling & decide on the design after. It's a very simple page, just 2 papers & journaling. Still stuck on the design but after working a day on it, I dont feel up to working on it anymore...

We still havent gone to the book ship yet. It's been raining the last couple evenings but hopefully we'll be able to make it today or tomorrow before it goes off.

Mac likes playing with the phone and would sit on the floor going "ahyao" (no idea how hello got translated into that!). Before the ahyao phase, he used to have 'conversations' which seemed so real sometimes you could swear he was really talking to someone with all those uh-huhs and mm-hmms and baby-speak, esp when he would clip the phone between head & shoulder and talk while playing! Anyway, hand him a phone with someone really talking on the other side and he would go into silent mode. It's been a while since we did that though and the other day, I "called" him from the housephone to Colin's mobile. Hey, he actually said mama & a few other words with Colin's prompting! So last night when Colin called back home, we passed him the phone and again he spoke, albeit with prompted words. Progress! Maybe he'll be chatting away on his own soon. (heh heh... I suddenly have a vision of Mac as a teen chatting away with a friend or some girl and me yelling at him to hang up! :D)

OK, I think I should stop for now & see if the router is up to me posting this! As usual, I'll leave you with a pic of Mac :) This is one of a couple dozen I took while we were playing "2 pillows & a remote". I'm trying to alternate between doing LOs of older pics with recent ones & hope I can get a LO of this done in the next few days...

No comments: